lunes, 4 de mayo de 2015

favorite animal print

This is the first full skirt I sewed, and everything begun because I got a crush on this fabric. I saw it in a shop window, a ligth cotton which was shown as very appropriate to make some bed linen for a child's room. Obviously, I didn't agree.
Actually, the fabric was resting for some weeks until I put together my (lack of) sewing skills. I took a simple skirt (no lining, no zip) from my wardrobe and used it as a pattern: just three pieces of fabric and a ribbon. It was time consuming, but I managed to make a skirt, so I felt really encouraged to stay sewing!
I think I was lucky enough to find a project which comform both my mood and my skills, daring but no imposible!. That's very important when you're a beginner!
Linking Visible Monday once more, ready for sharing some visible style!

Esta es la primera falda de vuelo que me hice, y todo empezó porque me quedé fascinada con la tela, según la ví en un escaparate. La vendían como tela para hacer ropa de cama para una habitación infantil, pero yo tenía otras ideas!.
En realidad, la tela estuvo reposando unas semanas hasta que reuní fuerzas, porque habilidades tengo más bien pocas. Elegí una falda sencilla de mi armario, sin forro, sin cremallera, tres trozos de tela y una cinta, lo más simple, y la utilicé como patrón. Me llevó bastante tiempo, pero me las arreglé para coser una falda, así que después me animé a seguir cosiendo!
Creo que tuve la suerte de encontrar un proyecto que se adaptaba a mi capacidad y disposición, un reto pero no un imposible!. Muy importante cuando eres un principiante!
De nuevo enlazo al Visible Monday, lista para compartir estilo y visibilidad!



- cardigan, La Redoute (old) / chaqueta punto
- very old jean jacket / chaqueta vaquera antigüita
- white shirt, Punto Roma (old) / camisa blanca
- tights, HyD / medias
- maryjanes, Clarks (old) / merceditas
- bag, from my mom's wardrobe, genuine vintage! / bolso, del armario de mi madre, vintage auténtico!

11 comentarios:

  1. Your hand crafted skirt is so pretty, Sra! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday, xo.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Another lovely skirt! Fantastic how the cardigan picks up the pumpkin colour - it's such a happy colour :-) Your necklace looks very interesting too, is it wooden beads, or turquoise? Great styling with the denim jacket and shirt underneath! I must try layering, it's such a practical solution to colder weather, which we have plenty of up here in Denmark :-(

    ResponderEliminar
  3. good job with the skirt. the fabric is cute.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It's a great print and perfect for a skirt.
    Sewing projects which match your mood and skills - yes, I agree with that! xx

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I can see why you feel in love with that print! You, Curtise and Vix are so inspiring with your sewing projects. One of these days I'll find a good secondhand sewing machine and give it a try.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. This is such a beautiful skirt - and beautiful little piece of writing (I loved that: "Obviously, I did not agree") - you clearly was inspired, Monica! I absolutely adore your outfit with this deep color of denim and the mustard long cardigan. You look just sooo cool! xxx

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I do love this skirt and can imagine the triumph you felt the first time you wore it. And it still triumphs!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. You look adorable...love this skirt, I think you did an amazing job!! xx

    ResponderEliminar
  9. La tela es preciosa. Estas muy guapa. Anímate los proyectos de costura son muy re confortables.
    Z.A.L.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. La tela es preciosa. Estas muy guapa. Anímate los proyectos de costura son muy re confortables.
    Z.A.L.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. What a beautiful skirt, I love the cut and print of it.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    Hope to see you for TBT Fashion link up.

    ResponderEliminar